The Neoptix T/Guard-2B is a full featured smart grid ready multichannel fiber optic system for high voltage and transformer hot spot temperature measurement
The Neoptix™ T/Guard-2B™ is a multichannel fiber optic temperature monitoring system for power transformer hot spot measurements. The T/Guard-2B system has been developed with long-term performance and stability in mind. This fiber-optic temperature monitoring system for power transformers offers accuracy, toughness and long-term resistance to failure.
Coupled with the T/Guard-2B system, the Neoptix T2™ fiber-optic temperature probes provide accurate and direct temperature monitoring of transformer windings. This solution provides a realistic, real-time view of winding conditions that is quicker and more accurate than top oil thermocouple measurements, and greatly complements indirect measurements based on thermal models.
Neoptix T/Guard-2B give the exact temperature of optical probes in 250 milliseconds per channel. Peak load or emergency overloads are thus detected almost instantaneously. With Neoptix technology, you have a new tool to optimize high-voltage transformer performance and life expectancy.
The T/Guard-2B system is specifically designed to meet power transformer industry requirements: extended intervals between servicing, low maintenance, rugged components and the ability to withstand the harshest conditions. All components have been specifically selected for long term performance, including the light source that has an MTBF far superior (>300 years) to the expected life of the transformer. Moreover, compared to other technologies available on the market, such as fluorescent decay, our sensor, based on solid-state semiconductor, do not fade or drift over time, allowing a constant and absolute temperature measurement of your transformer windings over the lifespan of the equipment.
- Small and sturdy enclosure
- Tough and ruggedized sensors
- No gage factor or calibration
- Serial communication: RS-485, IEC 61870, MODBUS and DNP3
- Ethernet communication: HTTP, MODBUS, IEC-61850, IEC-60870, DNP3
- 4 GB internal datalogging memory
- Accuracy of ±1 °C
- 15 built-in Form-C relays (remotely located)
- 1 built-in system fault relay
- Available with 4 to 16 channels
- Detachable connector blocks for easy installation
- Quick and easy web-based configuration, in 12 languages (Arabic, Chinese, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portugese and Russian)
- Compatible with OptiLink and OptiLink-II softwares